Built over 120 years ago in 1881-1882, Turkey’s is housed in one of the oldest remaining buildings in Harbor Springs. Lumber from the area’s great white pines, milled at one of three local lumber mills, was used in its construction. Originally, there were floor to ceiling windows along the east wall and its neighbor to the east was the local fire station. In the 1920s it was the print shop then later became a clothing store. After switching owners in a card game, in 1972 it became a bakery and coffee shop. Now Turkey’s offers the finest hand thrown pizza’s in upper lower Northern Michigan.
The first pizza ever made in Harbor Springs was made here in these ovens. This restaurant-cafe-pizzeria-ice cream parlor is a popular spot for locals, resorters and visitors. With beer, wine and a complete bar, Turkey’s is a full-service restaurant featuring pizza’s, sandwiches, and plenty of smiles.
Don’t miss the annual Cinco de Mayo party on May 5th, and all year Turkey’s is open right along downtown for a great stop when shopping, boating or visiting the numerous festivals hosted by the village all year.